Why my Breast Doesn't Look That Big After 420cc & 410cc?

I finally had my surgery, yesterday sept 13. I got 410 in the right breast & 420cc in the left one. But I don't find them as big as when I tried the 400cc at my PS. Is it normal that they look that small? And why my left breast look bigger maybe my PS should had filled them both the same?

+1
One day after surgery is too soon to determine final shape and volume.  There are too many variables that will change going forward. There are differences in the swelling of the tissues in the area at the very least. If they were put under the muscle, then it will also take a bit of time for the muscle to relax into its final state as well.  Continue to work with your surgeon going forward.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Hello

+1
You are too early to be able to determine the size of your breast. It takes months for your implants,muscle and skin to stretch and relax .

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Implant size adjustments are necessary when trying on breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question. It is very early to judge the size and symmetry of your breasts after surgery. The best thing that you can do at this point is stop looking at them and worrying. Give it time and you may be very happy with the final result; worrying won't help. That being said, when trying on breast implants, you have to make size adjustments to match the result that you will get in surgery. An implant placed in your bra will make you look larger than if you put that same implant in your body behind your muscle; particularly if you have padding in your bra. Using this method to determine implant size, you have to add anywhere from 40 to 100 cc's to the implant size depending on the amount of padding in your bra and your overall dimensions.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breasts look small than expected

+1
If your Implants are under the muscle, then there is some compression. You are also swollen and the proportion n relation to your chest cannot yet be appreciated. Way too soon to worry.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast implant volumes and body shape.

+1

This can be a difficult question to answer without more info, but here goes. If your rib cage is large and you have a thick fatty layer around your ribs, the implants will appear smaller when you try them on in the office. If you are thin and do not have fat on your ribs, your initial assessment was probably a bit too conservative for what you actually wanted. Usually implants in that size range will fill up a relatively large breast envelop and make a small to average sized woman look full. So if you are tall and have a bit of fat on your ribs, you probably went too small. Your result is not there yet, so give them time to settle and the muscle to stop its spams and the implant will settle and change the look. I hope this helps.

Michael J. Brown, MD
Leesburg Plastic Surgeon

Post op Breast appearance

+1

It is common for breasts to appear smaller immediately after surgery as the eye "sees" size in relation to the things around them. Your chest is likely swollen after surgery and will make your beasts look smaller...as the swelling resolves and your skin relaxes it is common for them to look bigger, be patient.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Too small

+1

Without pictures and your dimensions, no one can attempt to answer this question. It is best dealt with by your PS. A 10cc difference is not noticeable. It is the equivalent of 2 teaspoons.

Michael Hueneke, MD