My Breast Augmentation is Totally Uneven. What Went Wrong? (photo)

I got my BA 12/19/11. Silicone 335cc brand: Silimed under the muscle. Since day one my breast were never even. The left side is smaller more centered and the nipple is perkier. I don't have any swollen anymore. I don't feel confident to be naked. With bra the difference is almost unnoticeable. Can this be fixed? Would it be easy? Why is that the size is different if before the BA the difference wasn't that noticeable. The Dr. blames the prior unevenness.

Uneven Breasts After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your challenging questions and your photographs.  I do see some slight pre operative asymmetry which, of course, always becomes more exaggerated after a breast augmentation.  I'm surprised that your breasts look so round since you stated your surgeon went under the muscle with silicone implants.  Partially sub pectoral silicone implants, even on someone as slender as you, normally tear drop by 5 months.  I am wondering if you have a capsular contracture and if this isn't the cause of some of your asymmetry.  Your right breast does look bigger than your left, and this again could indicate a capsular contracture on the left.  Also, the left breast implant is slightly higher than the right which may be pre existing asymmetry or another indication of capsular contracture. 

Please revisit your plastic surgeon and voice your concerns.  If you don't feel comfortable doing that, please seek out a Board Certified plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for a second opinion.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is visible in the longer term post op photograph.  Without examining you it is difficult to determine why the breast asymmetry is present.

One possibility is that the  breast implants have settled differently;  this differential settling may lead to the nipple/areola asymmetry that you see.

Revisionary breast surgery may help improve symmetry;  much of what would be done will depend on physical examination and your goals. For example, manipulation of the breast implant pockets may help the breast implants sit more symmetrically thereby improving the overall symmetry of the breast.

I would suggest in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience performing revision breast surgery.