My Breast Aug Scar is About an Inch Below my Folds and the Right Scar is Lower Than the Left. What Are my Options? (photo)

follow up with pics - both my scars are about an inch below my original "folds", right scar is lower than left. 275cc implant under the muscle. please advise any options, would bigger implant help? as the breast does not seemed to "settle" or lowered, i suspected technical error when prying the muscle to insert the implant? doctor suggested to visit 6 months later, that he would lower the implant and lift the scar - wouldnt my breasts look LOWER than it should be? What are my options? thank you!

Scars

+1

The implants will settle some more with time. I would think that the revision will need larger implants which by definition are wider, and lowering the folds.

Breast Implants with Low Scars

+1

Breast implants do settle into position many month after surgery. It would make sense to allow more time to pass to determine where the implants end up prior to considering a revisionary surgery. A larger implant can accommodate a lower scar position and still allow the nipple to be centered over the implant so as not to appear "bottomed out." Once your implants have completely settled would be a good time to explore your options.

Michael Horn, MD

Low Inframammary Scars After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.

While pictures with your arms adducted would have been a better representation of your current situation, I believe that your scars do sit a little lower than usual.

However, it is not possible to determine the reason your surgeon chose to go about your surgery the way he/she did and communicating with your surgeon is essential.

Also, at this relatively point in your recovery process I would encourage you to be patient and let the scars heal properly and the implants settle into their natural and final position before planning any potential revisions. Scars do tend to get better with time and proper "early" care but scar revision is another possibility. So considering the idea of greater implants as an attempt to "hide" your current scars may not be a good idea.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Lowering the fold is not the answer

+1

It would not be a good idea to fix a problem by creating another one. I do not have your before pictures,but looks like  your incisions were placed low and you lifting arms is exaggerates the problem. Your scars are too wide and should be revised to make them less noticeable.You will need larger breast implant to fill the lower breast without reducing the upper pole. There is no good way to lift the scar.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Visible breast scar after breast augmention

+1

The photos showed that you are about 2 months after the surgery. A better photo would be with arms down by your side, then I can really evaluate position of implant in relation to the breast fold and incision location. If the incision is really 1 inch below your breast fold then your choices for improvement is going to be quite limited. It appears that there is quite a distance between the incision and your nipple. Since no pre op photo is shown, it's hard to comment whether the incision location is really appropriate.  In any case, if you lower the implant to match the location of the incision then you will have a bottomed out look and nipple will not be centered with implant. If you choose the change to a larger based (wider) breast implant then your breast volume will be much bigger. Is that what you want? A much larger breast implant?

At 2 months post-op, it's still quite early in the whole recovery period. It's not too early to discuss with your operating surgeon regarding your concerns. I also recommend that you get 2nd opinion in person since one view photo often does not tell the whole story. A detailed examination and measurement will help sort it out.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Scar is About an Inch Below my Folds

+1

Everfleur:

It would be helpful to see a photo with your arms at your sides. When the arms are elevated, the pectoral muscles can lift the implants away from the fold, so if the fold looks ok with arms down this is less of a problem.

Assuming that the incisions are still too low, dealing with this is not a simple issue. Just lowering the current implants would result in your areola sitting too high on the breast, and that looks quite unusual. A better choice would be to use a wider implant. if your current implant is a high profile implant, switching to a lower profile implant will help by giving a wider implant that can reach lower on the chest without causing a problem with areolar position.

Another possibility is a larger implant, again to fill out the lower pole without causing that same issue. Thanks for your question, and best wishes.

Breast Implant Scars

+1

It does appear that your implants are in good position relative to your nipples, but the scars are visible below the fold.  Does this change when your arms are down?  If not, the implant position can be lowered, but you may need a larger diameter implant to retain the height necessary to keep your upper pole volume.  I would recommend waiting a few more months before making a decision.

Donald Griffin, MD

Concerns about Breast Implant Position in Relation to Scars?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Your breast implants do appear to sit relatively high in relation to the “inframammary” scars ( although the pictures are taken with your arms up which can confuse the relationships  to some degree).

Based on the description with your photograph, I am assuming that you are 2 months out of your breast augmentation procedure. If so, I would suggest that you follow your plastic surgeon's recommendations to allow for more time to pass before evaluating the need for revisionary surgery. Breast implants do tend to “settle” for several months after surgery;  therefore, it is too early to evaluate the final results of surgery at this point.

Having said that, your concern about the final position of the breast implants is understandable;  the breast implants should sit in a position such that the nipple/areola complexes appear centered on the breast mound. This relationship should be considered carefully when considering revisionary breast surgery.

Again, I think it is too early to evaluate the end results of surgery.  I would suggest continued patience and follow  up with your plastic surgeon ( assuming you are “working” with a board-certified plastic surgeon.