My Breast Augmentation Scar is About an Inch Below my Folds and the Right Scar is Lower Than the Left. What Are my Options?

both my scars are about an inch below my original "folds", right scar is lower than left. 275cc implant under the muscle. please advise any options, would bigger implant help? as the breast does not seemed to "settle" or lower themselves, i suspected technical error when prying the muscle to insert the implant? doctor suggested to visit 6 months later, that he would lower the implant and lift the scar... wouldnt my breasts look saggy and lower than it should be?? Whata re my options? Thank you!

Scar Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

+1

Without photos, it's hard to imagine what may be happening with your breasts. Maybe it's best to express your concerns with your plastic surgeon. If you're not happy with his/her answers, then perhaps a second opinion may help.

Thanks for your question. Best of luck!

Scar and breast implants

+1

Sorry but it would be helpful to see what you are talking about through photographs and of course best by exam.  Remember some asymmetry is normal.

Asymmetric Breast Augmentation Incisions

+1

Thank you for the question. Without a photo or knowing how far out from surgery you are it is very difficult to give an accurate opinion. However it may be that your surgeon was attempting to lower your fold and the implants have not dropped. The first 3 months after your surgery the tissues are swollen and tight. As the body heals the swelling decreases and the soft tissues accommodate, allowing the implants to drop into their desired position. This process may not occur at the same rate in both breasts and at times not completely. Lowering your implants, if needed, will not make your breasts appear saggy nor lower your breasts but rather improve your appearance.

Good luck.

Scars after surgery are too low

+1

Hard to say much without photos. The plan your surgeon has sounds appropriate, keeping in mind your anatomy. The nipple areola position will change with the larger implants that are placed lower.

My Breast Augmentation Scar is About an Inch Below my Folds

+1

This is quite hard to sort out without a photo, and if you can add one to your question you will likely get more useful advice. 

Typically, the incision is made in the fold or slightly lower if the plan is to lower the fold. It is hard to explain why the incision would be a full inch lower.

One possibility, again a guess without a photo, is that the implants have not "dropped." It is not uncommon for submuscular implants to appear to be too high during the first couple of months until they settle and the muscle relaxes to accommodate them. 

Lowering the implants, if they are too high, should not cause any appearance of sagging, and in fact may improve any such look that may be present in the lower part of the breasts. 

Thanks for your question, please consider posting a photo. Best wishes. 

Is a low scar ok after breast augmentation?

+1

Typically I place the scar in the fold or just bneath the fold if the fold is going to be slightly lower so that it is concealed.  Without a picture it is a little confusing.  I would visit with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon about this and see what resolution can be reached.