My Breast Augmentation Result is Horrible! Feel Empty and Breasts Sagging? (photo)

I had a baby & after breast feeding my breasts completely deflated and my nipples enlarged then after breast feeding I lost all volume and my breast were so saggy! Got breast augmentation in July and @ the pre op visit the doctor said I barely passed the "no lift needed" test & that 350 cc would do the trick to completely fill me up. Well... This is the result. I still feel empty and one breast sags extremely more than the other! What should I do or say to him? Is this on him or am I SOL?

Unhappy aug

+2

Your left breats sags more than the righ and I would discuss this with your surgeon.Perhaps a donut mastopexy can make your arelar complexes smaller and also lift your breats.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Borderline ptosis and augmentation

+1

I'm sorry you are disappointed but it seems like there was a breakdown in communication.  When you are in the gray zone, you should have been forewarned that it wouldn't be perky but certainly acceptable to many patients.  When your areola is that large, did you tell your surgeon you wanted it smaller?  As for the asymmetry in the implant position, that is something you should discuss with your surgeon and hopefully he/she has a good revision policy to allow you to better position them.  If there are other expectations, you must make them known to your surgeon BEFORE anymore procedures.

Curtis Wong, MD

Post op breast asymmetry

+1

I can understand your disappointment, however, in borderline cases, many a times, the doctors & the patients prefer to exercise the option with minimal scars (i.e implants only).

Don't be disheartened. Talk to your doctor and I am sure he will be able to address your concerns with a peri areolar mastopexy. This would help to center the breast tissue over the implants, achieve symmetry and also reduce the size of the areolas.

All the best!

Sameer Karkhanis, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Breast droop after implants

+1

Thank you for the picture.  I appears that in addition to the implant you needed a small periareolar lift.  This would decrease the size of your areola as well as lift the position of the nipple to even them out.  It is possible to do this as a second operation.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Sagging After Breast Augmentation

+1

First thing is that we don't know what you looked like prior to surgery. Secondly, your doctor can always go back and do a lift on top of the implants and at the same time reduce the size of the areolas. The good news is that you can get to a more symmetrical place with smaller areolas. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Dissatisfied after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast augmentation surgery. At this point, assuming you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate experience helping patients in your situation, I would suggest that you communicate your concerns in a calm/constructive fashion.

Exactly what type or revisionary breast surgery will help achieve your goals will depend on careful physical examination and a full communication of your goals. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures during this communication process. If breast lifting is decided upon, make sure you educate yourself about the pros/cons of breast lifting surgery including the potential for poor scarring.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of any additional surgery performed.

Breast Implants after Breast Feeding

+1

It sounds like you would prefer to get a breast lift now to get better shape, no loose skin, better symmetry, and eve make your nipples smaller. You can still get a lift. No bridges were burned. Good luck!

Michael Horn, MD

Post Augmentation Asymmetry And Ptosis

+1

Although limited to one view, judging from the photo provided it would appear as though there is asymmetry of the breast both in amount of ptosis and size after your augmentation. Your narrative also leads me to believe that you wish to be larger. All of these issues can be resolved. This would require an exchange of the implants (larger), if this is desired. You will also need a mastopexy (breast lift) which can be done by the circumareolar technique to minimize the scars, although on the right the residual ptosis may necessitate a vertical mastopexy. Very difficult to say without the aid of an in-person examination.

In any case I would recommend that you have this discussion with your plastic surgeon. We all want our patients to be happy with the work we have done and would gladly revise patients should the occasion arise. If not satisfied with the results of your consultation, at that point I would recommend you seek a second opinion.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Sagging after implants

+1

It sounds like your doctor thought you were borderline for needing a breast lift to begin with.  I would discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You have not burned any bridges here.  You can still do a breast lift operation to center your breast tissue over your implants.  In fact, many doctors prefer to do breast lifts and breast augmentations as two separate procedures rather than during a single operation. 

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Now to Lift

+1

Not to worry.  The result is correctable by now doing the lift.  You can get the result you want and smaller nipples too.  I see patients all the time that have been told that implants alone will lift their breasts.  This is usually not the case.  With breast augmentation.....shape before is shape after just larger and fuller.  I think if you speak with your doctor this can be completed.  Good luck.

Thomas P. McHugh, MD