Will my Breast Look Better After a Second Surgery? Do I Need a Breast Lift? (photo)

I got a BA 2months ago & I am very disappointed with the results I got implants 2 correct asymmetry.the dr put a 130cc difference & they are still very unsymmetrical. Are the results good or should it have been better?I do not like how my breast look either. the nipples are 2 low and I now regret not getting them bigger.What will I need to get done in order to get better results?How many more cc's do I need to fix the asymmetry?Do I need a breast lift? Have my implants dropped low enough?THANKS.

Revisional Breast Surgery

+1

The picture you have up as the desired result has smaller higher areolas.  Your current post op view shows a left breast larger or equal in size than the right but your NAC are at different heights.  I would wait for at least one more month to get complete settling and then proceed with bilateral concentric lifts and possibly changing implants. Getting an exact match will be difficult.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with breast revision results

+1

There is no question that a good understanding of what to expect from a surgery is key prior to surgery. Knowing where your nipples will sit or what the shape of your breasts will be should be discussed but can never be promised. I would recommend you discuss with you plastic surgeon what your concerns are. Once you have adequately recovered you may benefit from a breast lit to reposition your nipples higher and lift your breasts.

Web reference: Http://www.medwardsmd.com/faq

Breast Augmentation: Revision or Lift

+1

The breast augmentation should be left as it is as the sizes are fairly close and the implants are at the correct levels on the chest wall.  After about 6 months, you can opt to have a breast lift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Secondary Surgery for Breast Asymmetry after Implants

+1

Given where your breasts were from the start, your result is as good as could be hoped from implants alone. If you were thinking you could have achieved your ideal results by placing implants, that was an unrealistic goal. The inherent niple-areolar size, asymmetry and location on the breast mound would need to be managed by some form of a breast lift (periareolar vs vertical) Whether those scars are worth the trade-off, however, is an issue to consider carefully. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/breast-aug.html

Assymetry to the breasts

+1

To adequately correct the assymetries of the breast I think you will need to have full breast lifts performed.  There will always be a degree of assymetry in all patients, however.  Different sized implants may still have to be chosen even with the lift.  Follow up with your local Plastic Surgeon to give you further guidance about this.

Good luck.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Results from augmentation

+1

Some asymmetry is normal. If you want the areolas to match and the lower one lifted, then you will need a permanent scar around the areola.

Dissatisfaction with breast augment

+1

I do not think that you have an unreasonable result.  The breasts aren't too low and they certainly aren't too small!  There is slight asymmetry but you started asymmetrical and this can't be perfectly corrected for in surgery.  I'll bet that if I measured your chest width, I would find asymmetry.  I would give it time for things to settle down more.

Will my breasts look better after a second surgery? Do I need a breast lift?

+1

Based on the pictures you provided it does appear that the issue of symmetry has been addressed and adequately corrected, however, you are currently left with asymmetry of the nipple areolar complex.

With regards to the nipple areolar complex size and location, I do believe you would be a candidate for a periareolar mastopexy (or lift). This lifting technique is used to resize the areola and move it to a desirable location in relation to the breast. It involves a circumferencial incision set around the areola. Should you choose to utilize larger breast implants, this can be done at the same time.

I hope this helps you and good luck

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Will my Breast Look Better After a Second Surgery? Do I Need a Breast Lift

+1

I think the primary issue is the need for a breast lift. If your goal is for more size, that can also be done, though not without limit! To get an idea of sizing, do a "rice test" by filling stockings with raw rice, and use them as fillers in a stretchy sports bra until you find a size that is to your liking. Your surgeon can use that info to help choose larger implants of a size that will work for you. 

I can't tell much about symmetry, and in fact wonder if one or more of the photos is taken in a mirror. Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

+1

Hello 'curly2', thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, it seems that you have achieved much better symmetry in terms of your breast mounds and volume after your surgery. The 'footprint' of your breasts looks equalized compared to your preoperative image where there is a significant size discrepancy.  However, I do see that your left nipple-areolar complex is lower than your right side, leading to an apparent asymmetry.  This can sometimes occur when patients come in with a significant breast mismatch to begin with, and after augmentation, even though the shape and volume is improved, the nipple-areolar complex asymmetry can become more prominent and noticeable.  I do not think it is any fault of your plastic surgeon.  The best way now to achieve symmetry in my opinion would be to perform a crescent mastopexy/ breast lift on the left in order to match the right side.  I cannot tell based on your photo alone, but if your right nipple is also below your inframammary fold, then a small lift on the right may also be warranted.  Whether you wanted to have a larger augmentation is a whole other issue, but using bigger implants will not correct the asymmetry, and in fact may exacerbate it further.  I would be careful about trying to achieve 'perfection' by bringing in a photo of another person because there are so many factors that affect the final results which we have no control over, such as height, weight, body frame, and pre-existing breast asymmetry (which I would guess your model photo did not have).  Although I would recommend waiting at least 6 months for your breast augmentation to 'settle', I think it would be helpful to address your concerns with your board-certified plastic surgeon, who will be able to follow your progress and discuss a breast lift in more detail.  Best of luck! -Dr.92660

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon