My Breast Look Different After 3 Months Post Op, is this Normal? (photo)

I have 3 months post op of my breast augmentation. I have 340cc implants, silicone, under the muscle. The left i think is perfect but the right one i feel like moving and not adhere and looks different What do you think? Thanks

Breast asymmetry

All patients have some breast asymmetry. Your results look very nice and I personally would not do anything more.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Breasts continue to evolve for months after a breast augmentation

Depending upon how tight your breast tissue envelope is at the time of surgery will determine how long it will take for the breasts to relax and reach their final resting shape. If you have not had children yet, then 3 mos is really to early to tell about the final result. Also, if your implant is smooth-walled, then there will not be adherence to the surrounding soft tissues and chest wall after surgery.

Mark D. Epstein, MD
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

2500 Route 347
Stony Brook, NY 11790

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for the question and picture.

The asymmetry that you describe is visible in the picture;  however, it is not enough of an asymmetry to be concerned about. You will find that the breasts will continue to change for several more months (even up to a year postoperatively).  

Overall, it seems that you have a very nice result;  remember, they may never be exactly the same.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Breasts Different 3 Months after Augmentation

Without seeing your preop pictures, your results look very good. It may take time to see a final result but based on the picture you provided, it would be hard to get much better.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

2333 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60618

Nice Result

It is difficult to make a determination without pre-op photos, but your post-op result is very good. The "final" result is not complete for about 6 months, so you may change more.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

1001 Nut Tree Rd
Vacaville, CA 95687