My Boyfriend Changed my Stereo Strips 2 Days After Surgery, He Put Them on in Sections Crossing over?

The incision like an x is this correct? I'm 7 days out. If not should I change them? Mt

Removing Dressings after Breast Surgery

+1

It is not possible to give you good advice online. I would suggest that you go in and see your surgeon (or call the office) to ask about your steri strips.  Your surgeon knows you best since he/she performed your surgery and so you should follow his/her advice.

Keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon and follow the post operative instructions so that your recovery is smooth.

Steristrips

+1

It probably doesn't matter what the orientation of the Steristrips is, but this is really a question for your surgeon you knows how the incision was closed and for how long the Steristrips are even needed.

Steri strips

+1

You should contact your plastic surgeon for his or her specific instructions. Usually steri strips are not needed after 1 week.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Dressing Care after Breast Augmentation

+1

Is your boyfriend following postop instructions or just trying to sneak a peak?  Steristrips traditionally are left in place until they fall off.  I find that this usually occurs between 1-2 weeks.  The adhesive that is used to apply the steristrips can irritate the skin if it is pulled off in the first few days. 

I would consult with your plastic surgeon to ensure everything looks appropriate.   The only reason to remove a steristrip early are to evaluate a potential infection.  

I wish you a healthy and safe recovery!!

Paul S. Gill, MD