I Had my First Botox Injection for Hemi-facial Spasms on Monday. Is There Any Danger of Getting Botulism from These Injections?

Botulism After Botox

+2

Assuming that your Doctor is using FDA approved Botox, the short answer is "no".  The amount of Botox used for cosmetic and therapeutic treatments is far smaller than a toxic dose of botulinum toxin type A.  There are a few case reports in Florida of patients receiving research grade botulinum toxin type A that was intended for laboratory use who developed botulism.  However, this has never happened (to my knowledge) with Botox that is FDA approved and intended for sale in the United States. 

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon