Are my Boobs Really Getting Smaller?

Its been over a month now since my surgery, breast implants(320cc)plus lift, I still have some bruises and still recovering, but I still see them to big, Im 5'1 105lbs. What can I expect? Are they still swollen, are they going to get smaller?

Breast swelling after augmentation and lift.

+1

Breast swelling after an augmentation, particularly when a lift is also involved, can take up to 3 months to resolve. Many patients feel that they are "too big" but it takes time for this swelling to go down. Before passing a final judgement on size, you need to allow for two things to happen:

1. Let the swelling resolve
  2. Allow yourself to get used to your new look

Relax, try to forget about size, and give yourself at least 3 months.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

One Month after Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

One month following breast augmentation and lift, patients frequently have significant swelling.  The final size may be realized at 3 to 6 months.      

Healing Process

+1

Breast size after lift/augmentation will many times take as long as six to twelve months to show loss of volume due to internal compression caused by the implant. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Implants after one month

+1

At one month you are still going to be swollen and you should give it at least 3-4 months to see the swelling go down.

Questions about breast size after surgery

+1

Your breast size and shape will definitely change over the next 2 - 3 months.  It takes time to heal and it is not unusual that at least temporarily one breast may seem larger than the other.  Using Vectra 3 D imaging we have noted a 5 -7% decrease in breast volume over a the first year.  So just relax and give your breasts a change to settle in.  

Swelling

+1

As said time and time again on this q&a, you need to wait at least 3 months to assess your results and size.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Swelling after breast augmentation

+1

When choosing an implant size to use for breast augmentation, I tend to advise my patients to err on the larger side.  The reason for this is that patients tend to follow a pattern after surgery.  Their initial reaction when the bandages come off is that they have made a mistake and gone too big.  This is due to a sudden change in body image, the implants may be sitting a little bit high, there is some swelling from the trauma of surgery, and we pump some fluid into the tissues before surgery to help minimize bleeding and discomfort.  All of this has to subside.  At two months, things have settled, the patient has become accustomed to the size, and most of the fluid (from trauma and what was pumped in) has disappeared.  Patients are happy at this stage.  Six months later, things have settled a bit more and the rest of the fluid has dissipated.  At this point, I get patients coming back telling me that they wished they had gone a little bit bigger!  Rarely do I get a patient who wishes she had gone smaller.  You are still relatively early in this process so I am not surprised that you still think they are big.  My suggestion is to give it at least three to six months before you make your final assessment.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Swelling after BA

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  The swelling after your breast augmentation can take a few months to resolve.  In addition there position can make them look larger, so definitely wait till they have settled into place before considering revision surgery.  Often times the tissues will thin out over time, and what you see at a year might be a little smaller than what you see at three month.  Have patience.  Hope this helps and best of luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD