Will my Boobs Look Smaller After Breast Explant Than What They Were Originally?

I had 275cc dual plane BA nearly 6 weeks ago. I haven't liked them since day 1. My surgeon will remove them at the 3 month mark but not b4 to give me a chance to get used to them and because he said its best not to have another GA before this time. I hate them, it wasnt the reaction I thought I would have. They are a lot bigger on my petite athletic frame than what i wanted. I am hoping to be able to get back to my original look, is there any reason why they would look smaller than before?

Removal of breast implants should yield a breast size similar to the pre-augmented state.

+3

The implants in question then and only for short time. After their removed in the healing process is complete they should look substantially the same as they did before breast augmentation.

Breast Size After Explantation?

+2

Thank you for your question. Breasts often change over time with fluid retention, hormones, weight change, etc. They will look smaller, and it will be hard to remember how they looked before as it was some time in the past. The question is whether the are smaller based on how you fit your old clothes. They should be about the same size, but this is not 100% predictable. Discuss this with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about Breast Size after Removal of Breast Implants?

+2

I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast augmentation surgery. Given that you will be 3 months out of surgery, it is very likely that the breast volume will remain the same as it was before the procedure was performed.

+2

Volume should be about the same. I think your surgeon wants to avoid having you make an impulsive decision and that is the reason for the waiting period. There really is no safety reason for anesthesia delay. In fact, the implants can be removed in most patients with local anesthesia or local plus a little sedation.

All the best. 

Implant removal

+2

It is more than likely that the olume you had before will be the same, but the breast may be a bit looser.

Breast Implant Removal - Will Boobs Look Smaller After Breast Explant

+1

When implants are removed the tissue shrinks and retract. Impossible to make previsions how much will retract and in which way. Hopefully With no distortion of the breast look.

Alberto Di Giuseppe, MBBS
London Plastic Surgeon