Are my Boobs Too Close Together to Get 450 Ccs? (photo)

im about a full B right now, the middle of my chest feels like its cushioned and not just straight bone! will i get symmastia if i go under the muscle with 450 ccs?

Symmastia is the result of poor technique, not unfavorable anatomy

+1

Hi there-

Your starting breast shape, size, and position have nothing to do with your risk of having symmastia after a breast augmentation.

Symmastia is always the result of less than ideal technique during your surgery.

Choose your surgeon carefully, and based on the right criteria (education, training, experience, talent, quality of their outcomes) and your chances of being safe and happy should be high.

A well done breast augmentation will not lead to symmastia.

+1

As long as the pockets for the implants are prepared appropriately by the plastic surgeon, then you probably won't get symmastia.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Are my Boobs Too Close Together to Get 450 Ccs?

+1

Looking at the one posted photo my GUESS is the result should be OK. Best to discuss in person with your chosen PS

Size and position both count

+1
I think that if you go too large, the breasts will overfill the width of your chest and appear too close together. It is a real balancing act. In part, implant projection can be used but conservative implant size and appropriate dissection technique will also play a part.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Synmastia

+1

Thanks for a great question.  Synmastia occurs when the two implants pockets essentaily communicate with each other.  If your surgeon plans to perform a submuscular augmentation, the muscle attachments at the sternum will prevent synmastia.  The key is to not overdissect or release these muscle fibers.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Size is the issue, not the position

+1

Having your breasts close together is a good anatomic feature and will make your final result nice. The issue is size. Since you already have a fair amount of breast tissue, 450 cc will put you in the full D range, and the breasts will definitely touch and look overfull. I would consider going with a smaller size so that the breasts continue to look natural. Or just stay how you are. You look great!

John Alexander II, MD

Implant choice

+1

450 cc implants may orr may not be the right size for you.  An exam is key to determine the quality of your tissues, the elasticity and to obtain the overall measurements of your anatomy. Hard to predict without that.