What Can I Do About My Boobs? (photo)

hi i am 20 years old and i think i have Symmastia but my doc said to me be patient that my chest hasn't fully grown. Please tell me surgery can help and Whether this will be problematic for me in the future? last question ... I don't like implants, what are my other options?

Not Quite Symmastia

+2

Based on your pictures, I don't think you have a true symmastia. I have treated a few patients who were born without "cleavage". In each case, careful contouring with liposuction and reattachment of the skin to the chest was successful.

In you case, if your breasts are fully developed, very limited liposuction could be considered. However, moderate sized breast implants may also improve the appearance. Since you don't like the implant option, fat grafting may be the other choice to consider. A consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon would be a start. 

Symmastia

+2

As long as the tissue over the breast bone in the midline is mostly fat you could try liposuction of the area. At 20 years of age your breasts may not be fully grown but should sufficiently so to allow you to undergo a surgical procedure.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Symmastia or poor definition?

+1

Symmastia is a communication between the breasts, almost exlusively seen with over-dissection of implants. Many women have a poorly defined cleavage area secondary to indistinct attachment of the skin to the sternal area. This can lead to the appearance of a symmastia. Multiple techniques can be used to treat this including liposuction, direct fat excision, or augmentation to accentuate the cleavage plane. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and an in-office examination is advised.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Better cleavage for breasts

+1

Symmastia is usually a problem after a woman has some type of breast surgery. Typically it involves implants and having pockets that are too close together. In your case, you seem to have wide breasts with very little definition of the inner breasts and sternum. As you have learned, options include implants, liposuction, and fat grafting. I'm not sure I would recommend implants for two reasons: you express that you don't like them, and it would lead to a larger and more projected look. I would probably recommend liposuction to reduce the inner breasts and sternum areas. Fat grafting might be an option to improve the contour if needed. It's hard to offer the best advice for this uncommon problem without having a chance to examine you during a free consultation. I encourage you to visit with board certified plastic surgeons to get the best advice. You can certainly improve your look and should get good advice when choosing the best way to achieve great results. 

Adam Rubinstein, MD

Hi i am 20 years old and i think i have Symmastia but my doc said to me be patient that my chest hasn't fully grown. Please tell

+1

Thanks for posting photos. Have you tried weight loss? Or maybe directed liposculpture of the sternal area? Seek ONLY in person evaluations for your issue to better understand the options.