My Body is Still in Pain and I Had the Surgery May 21st is This Normal?

I had a tummy tuck, lipo to the back, flanks,&sides also butt lift. However my body doesn't look any different is this noraml? Please tell me how long should I be patient to see results? Also this doc put fat in my top part of my butt but the middle and bottom is flat. will this change?

Recovery from an abdominoplasty is highly variable.

+1

It sounds as though you are suffering more than the average abdominoplasty patient. This is a function of the magnitude of your specific procedure and how you personally angle convalescence. It's too bad your feeling the way you do at this point in time but it is not necessarily a sign that something is amiss.

+1

All these questions are best addressed to your surgeon. Without photos, it is not possible to offer any useful comment. It is not unusual for swelling to obscure any areas of improvement of liposuctioned areas this early after surgery. 

Consider re-posting with photos.

All the best. 

Abdominoplasty Concerns

+1

The best person to address your concerns is your Plastic Surgeon.  Schedule an appointment with your surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your recovery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Abdominoplasty recovery

+1

Hi Alove1

There are lots of specifics missing for anyone to give you any real advice. However, a month of recovery and still in discomfort is abnormal. By now, you should be considering going back to light exercise.

Your final result will take up to 6 months to show through but there should already be differences that are noticeable.

You should make an appointment with your Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Gavin Sandercoe, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Concerned One Month After Tummy Tuck?

+1

Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific analysis, advice, and/or reassurance. Your plastic surgeon who knows exactly what was done will also know what is to be expected in the recovery phase.

Having said that, given that you are only one month out of your procedure, your description does not sound too alarming. It may take several months after body contouring surgery for patients to be pain-free and back to 100% of their energy level.

I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Pain after tummy tuck.

+1

Pain after all surgery is a normal process and varies with the size of the surgery.  An abdominoplasty is a quite large procedure.  There is decreasing tendernes s in the abdomen for at least 3 to 5 months.  This is normal.  When you twist your ankle, it hurts for many months.  The same is true of your abdomen.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Pain and swelling 1 month post-op is usually normal

+1

After a significant body contouring procedure like tummy tuck/liposuction/fat transfer, it would not be unusual to still have some pain and swelling one month after surgery.  I would not expect swelling to really start to diminish for another few weeks, and it may be a few months before you really see the final contour of the torso.  Follow closely with your surgeon for any changes in status like increases in pain or swelling or any other new symptoms, and mainly be patient at this early stage.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD