Can my Body Be Ready to Pick Up my 17lb Baby After a Tummy Tuck?

After 2 weeks of a tummy OP I carried my 17 lb. baby, I did not felt discomfort nor any pain, but I'm worried I might had damage some tissue. Could it have been that by body was ready?

Childcare after tummy tuck

+2
If you did not have pain, bruising, etc., you probably did no damage. However, you should take it easy and try to have others lift the baby for the next few weeks as much as possible.

Post tummy tuck, no discomfort, no damage

+2

If you lifted properly and have no pain, you should be fine. Your body will tell you if you have strained or done too much after tummy tuck.

Lifting 2 weeks after tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. By 2 weeks of normal recovery after tummy tuck you likely can lift your baby without fear of damage.

However I agree that you should be examined by your plastic surgeon to make certain that everything is okay and specifically asked the Dr. for guidelines for lifting.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Harm Done after Lifting after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Although it is very unlikely, based on your description of the events, that any harm was done, it will be in your best interests to follow-up with your plastic surgeon direct examination. Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise/reassure you.