My Bmi is 38.5 and Weight is 15.5 Stones. What is the Lower Weight You Can Have a Gastric Band Th

hi my bmi is 38.5 and my weight is 15.5 stones, how low can your weight be to to have a gastric band fitted.. i have astma menopaorse and blood presure and diabeaties type 2 afew medical issures as u can see thank u kindly..

Yes you are candidate

+1
According to related diseases, diabetes and hypertension, I understand that is a candidate for bariatric surgery. The gastric band will only help to decrease the amount of intake and shall take effect only through the lost weight. Definitely other options such as gastric sleeve, gastric bypass or duodenal switch with gastric sleeve, will have significantly better results than the band or gastric plication in weight loss and improvement of the disease being treated.

Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon

Criteria to be a candidate for lapband surgery

+1

Hello, you do meet criteria to be a candidate for lapband surgery. The standard is a Bmi of 35 with at least one obesity related comorbidity (like diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea), or a Bmi of 40 with no medical illnesses. Obviously there are many lifestyle behavior changes required to have great success with lapband as well as potential risks, but those should be discussed in detail with your surgeon. (As well as other potential surgical weight loss options like sleeve gastrectomy). Hope this helps. Good luck! :)

Monali Misra, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Bariatric Surgeon