Will I Get Used to my Blapheroplasty?

The surgery was conservative and one four weeks ago. Before, my eyes had no lids. Now my eyes now have small lid. I had puffiness under the eyes. Now, no puffiness. The doctor said he just removed a little fat underneath, but not sure I like it.

Getting Used to Blepahroplasty Results

+1

Without pictures, it's not possible to comment directly. However, from your description it seems that things went well. All cosmetic surgery involves some psychological component -- and this includes getting used to your new look. Over time, most patients adapt to seeing the changes in their face and come to appreciate them. Please stay in touch with your surgeon throughout.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting used to blepharoplasty

+1

Pictures would be helpful to give you the best advice, but at four weeks after blepharoplasty, there may still be some swelling to the area which would affect the appearance.  In general, I would say that most people do like the appearance of their eyes after the healing period from blepharoplasty has passed.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will I Get Used to my Blepharoplasty?

+1

From your description,  you appear to have a reasonable result.  I would have to see before and after pictures to make any other comment.                                                                                                                              Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                        Los Angeles, CA          From  

Blepharoplasty results

+1

Without a photograph of your before and after results it is difficult to understand your problem.  If you are very soon after your surgery you need to give it at least 6 months before you consider a revision.  Ask your plastic surgeon if he is satisfied with your surgery and your progress.  

Give it time!

+1

I am glad to hear that your blepharoplasty surgeon was conservative. As long as the aesthetic goal was shared by you and your doctor, it is safe to predict that you will get used to the new look and start enjoying the benefit. Although sometimes difficult in a fast paced world of instant benefits, patience is important after cosmetic facial surgery.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon