Hi my belly is fat and uncomfortable. Should I get tummy tuck or lipo?

I have no loose skin but if lipo is done will it tighten on its own?

+1
Hello, and thank you for your question.
The only way to get an appropriate recommendation of how to treat your concerns is to consult with  a Specialist Plastic Surgeon. Sitting in front of him,  discussing your concerns, and providing him with all your information, allows him to accurately assess your situation. That way he can advise you appropriately, and you are then properly informed so that you can make realistic decisions.
I do not believe that you can accurately make a decision without this assessment first.
Thanks again for your question, and I wish you well in your journey.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
photos would be very helpful in giving you direction for a procedure.

Daily I see people in my office confused about what their options are with respect to making the abdomen look better.
The key is skin tone. If your abdomen has good skin elasticity then liposuction will remove the fat from underneath the skin, and the skin will shrink up and chances are you'll be satisfied.
If the skin is loose or sagging, then removing fat from underneath the skin will tend to make the skin even looser. In this situation we begin a discussion of tummy tuck.
If there is a whole role of skin that can be pinched from the pubic area to the bellybutton then that patient will generally be better with a full tummy tuck. You might try this on your own while sitting down.
If a small pinch gives improvement just above the pubic area than mini tummy tuck might be a better option.
Another issue with an abdominal contouring is not skin or fat laxity, but laxity of the abdominal wall. With childbearing and weight gain weight and loss the abdominal wall stretches and usually will not come back without some help from your plastic surgeon. I would strongly recommend that you let your plastic surgeon give you your best options and evaluate you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

TT vs LIpo

+1

To best help you, please send in some pictures consisting of a front, back, left and right side view of your body as well as your height and weight in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Fatty tissue of abdomen

+1
If you have good skin tone and have a moderate amount of fat, then perhaps liposuction would be reasonable. It really depends upon the amount of fat in relation to the skin.  It is best to be seen in person to make apropre assessment.

+1
Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without seeing photos and without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with.If you are seeking a plastic surgeon out of the United States, he or she should be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).  You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1
It is a very common question. But without more information and a proper examination one cannot advise. It is best you contact a Plastic Surgeon to check out options suitable for you.

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

My belly is fat and uncomfortable. Should I get tummy tuck or lipo?

+1
Photos are needed to answer your question.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgey (ASPS) for an exam to discuss your options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Abdominal lipo

+1
Without loose skin liposuction is your first choice.  This can be done under local anesthesia without problem.  Investigate Sono Bello.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD