Why is my Belly Button Still Protruding 8days After my Umbilical Hernia Was Repaired Openly(no Mesh)? (photo)

A general surgeon did an open repair on my umbilical hernia 8days ago. The surgical site looks great with no infections and I have no pain, but it still looks and feels like I have an umbilical hernia. I called the dr and her nurse said I might have reherniated it or it could be normal swelling. I see her in two days, but I am very concerned about it now. Is this normal?? Should I expect to have an innie belly button after the swelling subsides? What are the normal post-op expectations?

Why is my Belly Button Still Protruding 8days After my Umbilical Hernia Was Repaired

+1

It wounds like your surgeon has given you the two possibilities  The expertise in umbilical hernia repair and its post op recovery will better be answered by your surgeon than by plastic surgeons, some of whom occasionally repair these. 

All the best.