Will my Belly Button Look Normal? (photo)

I had a ventral hernia repair w/rectum plication 4 days ago via general surgery. The surgeon said he removed some excess skin as well. I just saw my belly button and it looks like an anus, it did not look like this before. Will it eventually go back to normal or will I need to have a cosmetic procedure to fix it?

Will my Belly Button Look Normal?

+2

Until the swelling is gone there is no way to tell. It looks like nothing was done to the navel itself, so the likeliest cause is swelling, and the likeliest outcome is a navel that looked like it did before surgery. 

Your umbilicus will not look the same without surgical intervention.

+1

Removing skin around the navel will distort that structure. It will not return to the same shape as it did before the operation. It would be hoped that it would end up in a better place which would be the goal of the operation. You don't like it will probably have to have a surgical revision.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm

Give it more time

+1

You have to give it more time for the swelling to settle.  Also, it does not look like your belly button was touched so that you should expect it to look the same as before surgery.

Belly Button Normalcy

+1

The belly button is distorted from swelling at 4 days, but it is impossible to know exactly how it will look without knowing exactly what was done.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php