Is my Belly Button Herniated 10 Days Post Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I'm concerned I may have opened my belly button from a sneeze because of the exposed white fatty tissue and a pink bulge inside it. I have attached a photo taken 10 days post op - today is a Sunday with Monday being a holiday so I can't go into see my surgeon, but want to know if I should go in earlier than my scheduled post-op appointment on Thursday. There does not appear to be an infection, and I'm cleaning it with Hibiclens and water, and dressing it with gauze and Neosporin.

Skin loss around bellybutton will improve

+1

Thank you for your photograph. I do not see a hernia of your belly button. The yellow tissue is evidence of some minor skin loss around the outside of the belly button. Be sure to see your plastic surgeon for an examination and wound management of this. Normally this will improve with proper wound care and.detract from your result.

Is my Belly Button Herniated

+1

I don't see a hernia on this photo, but that diagnosis would not typically be made from a frontal photo. It does appear that there is a dehiscence, or separation of some or the closure around the navel.Usually this sort of thing heals without intervention. Do review with your surgeon.

Thanks for your question and for the photo. Best wishes.

Is my Belly Button Herniated 10 Days Post Tummy Tuck?

+1

Can not tell from posted photo. But see your surgeon to discuss this issue. Or seek in person second opinions. 

Belly button

+1

A hernia can not be diagnosed by a photo. It appears that some of the incision has separated slightly. You should call your surgeon. 

Michael Hueneke, MD