My Belly Button After Tummy Tuck Was Purple. Permanent?

My belly bottom after tummy tuck was purple and I thought it will go away like bruises. as one of my PS advised me I filled it with polysporine and taped it. Last time I asked my ps about why it does not go away and he said it is scar and if it does not get better he will put some incision area very black area and hide them inside.I am very upset. I do not know why he did not make inny one. Honestly mine look more natural but I do not think It matters when it is purple.

Appearance of Umbilicus after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question. You do not state how far how the surgery you are but your concerns are understandable;  the appearance of the umbilicus is very important after tummy tuck surgery. Unfortunately, it can be a telltale sign of a person having had the procedure.

I think that you may find that the appearance of the umbilicus,  like the other scars associated with tummy tuck surgery, will improve with time.  Scar revision surgery may be beneficial down the line.

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays!

Probably not

+1

It is not uncommon to have some decreased blood supply to a belly button after tummy tuck.  Since a belly button is a scar it will typically heal and look pretty much like it is supposed to. On occasion though it may need to be revised.  Just check with your doctor.

Good Luck,

Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon