Does my Before/after Rhinoplasty Photo Suit my Face? (photo)

I'd like a second opinion. If not it'd be great to recommend what you think would look better (I.e. less of a rotated tip, straight vs sloped bridge) I want it to look like me but with a more refined nose! Thank you!

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

"refined" and "defined" are the vaguest and most overused terms in rhinoplasty

+1

Ultimately the nose has to "fit" your face.  The nose will be distracting if its too big, too small, too straight, too sloped, too wide, too narrow, etc.  It cant be "too" anything.  It needs to fit your chin, your forehead, your face.  Once the ideal nose has been determined with computer imaging, you have to realize it may not end up exactly precisely like that because there are so many factors during surgery and so many years of healing after surgery than can change the ultimate results.  The computer imaging is the goal.  So slight variations are possible and you should not get too focused or tricked by a surgeon using photoshop to sell you the surgery.  

Now, "refined" and "defined" are very subjective.  Something that is defined to one person may be too pointy to another or something that is refined to one person may be unacceptable to another.  There is not a single textbook chapter on rhinoplasty (and I have written several) that teaches another plastic surgeon "how to refine" a nose!  Use objective terminology with your surgeon.  Smaller, bigger, shorter, longer, wider, narrower, etc are much more accurate than "refined."  

Web reference: http://www.virginiarhinoplasty.com/rhinoplasty-surgeon/

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Computer imaging to match the patient and surgeon's aesthetic goal

+2

Every surgeon has his/her preference for the "ideal" nose, as does every patient.  For my personal aesthetic, the tip refinement is a little too severe and made a bit too small in your computer morph.  I would recommend keeping the tip slightly fuller to avoid developing a "pinched" look years down the road.  From the profile, I think a little more columellar show and increasing the rotation of the infratip lobule will give you a more attractive nose.  

The tip rotation looks pretty, but depends on your height.  If you are very tall (>5'8") you may consider decreasing the amount of rotation.  Height plays a factor in optimal tip rotation because of the way others perceive you; if most people are taller than you, they are always looking down at your face and tip rotation will not result in excess nostril show.  However, if you are tall, then even a little tip rotation will cause unacceptable nostril show.  

What matters most is that YOU like how it looks

+1

From your photos, it looks as though you got a very nice result form your operation. However, if there is something that can reasonably be improved, then you should consider having it done.

Web reference: http://drkevinbrenner.com/blog/revision-rhinoplasty-the-art-of-secondary-nasal-surgery-in-los-angeles/424691

Computer imaged nose

+1

Computer imaging can be misleading. It is NOT a guarantee that the result will be exactly the same. Personal aesthetics will play a role in what you and and your PC decide on. Personally I like to see a slightly lower dorsum with a small supra tip dip that makes for a more feminine nose. But ethnic considerations will also influence what you eventually decide. Good luck.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal computer imaging

+1

I do not believe in computer imaging because it doesn't always give you an accurate picture if how you will actually end up looking.  Personally, the imaged photo looks a little odd to me.  It looks like your tip sticks out too far.  I think your tip should be set closer to your face and not turned up as much.  

Does my Before/after Rhinoplasty Photo Suit my Face?

+1

I think your current nose is very nice.  If anything were done, I would raise the tip slightly with a minimal reduction of the tip.  Subtle, subtle, subtle.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty Consultation and Computer Imaging

+1

Hi Second O,

Most patients and rhinoplasty surgeons prefer a straighter more natural dorsal profile with a slight hint of curve.  The tip of the nose should be refined to remain in harmony with the rest of your nose and face.  One must use rhinoplasty computer imaging to give both patient and surgeon an idea of what can realistically be accomplished with surgery.  Beautiful noses get out of the way of the eyes and other facial features, leading to the eyes as the focus point of the face.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Opinion on Before and After Rhinoplasty Results

+1

The ultimate goal of any rhinoplasty procedure is to achieve a natural result that does not change your look but is more refined and proportional to the rest of your surrounding facial features. The pictures show results that are consistent with that expectation.

Rhinoplasty photo imaging

+1

Photo imaging is simply communication tool between the surgeon and the patient, not a guarantee of results. It's important not to over rotate the tip or pinch the tip so that it looks surgical, which is present in a couple of these photos. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try out, to see if you want to make any changes to the existing  photographs. More importantly, look at the surgeons before and after results to make sure that they can deliver the anticipated result  from the computer imaging.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

Rhinoplasty to suit your face

+1

Everyone will have an opinion of the aesthetic ideal and your own is the most important one of all. Computer imaging is an excellent way to sort out the look for the best 'you'. If you like what you see, who are we to disagree.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty