Will my Beard Grow Back After Laser?

I had a neck lift (platysmaplasty + lipo) in 03/ 2010. Despite good results, I lost some of my beard under my chin and some very noticeable bald spots still remain. I decided to do laser under my chin 1 month ago. But after my 1st laser session, I realized that I wanted to keep my beard and stopped the laser. However, that 1st laser session caused even more hair loss under my chin. Will the beard lost due to the laser come back at some point :-( ? I have light skin and dark hair.

Hair Loss after Laser

+2

Some of the hairs that were lost will not regrow but many will. That is why it is necessary to use the laser multiple times to maximize hair reduction. I generally do not advise laser beard hair removal in men unless the hair is sparse and spotty or if it causing shaving bumps (pseudofolliculitis barbae). Laser hair removal on the beard can lead to an uneven appearance when you get a "5:00 Shadow".

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon