Can I Take my Bandages from Otoplasty off for a Little Everyday After Surgery?

Taking bandages off a little after otoplasty

+1

This should be fine. In face you should see how your ears are doing to make sure there is no increase in blood accumulation or the ears are being wrapped too tight.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dressings post Otoplasty

+1

Hello

My routine is to leave dressings intact for 1 week and then remove them at the post operative visit and have some other form of dressing over the ears for a further three weeks to ensure they are not accidentally pulled on to disrupt the sutures.

I would discuss removal of your dressings with your surgeon or nurse and let them deal with it.  All surgeons do things a little differently when it comes to post operative and dressing of wounds.

All the best

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty Bandages

+1

You should leave it up to your doctor to remove your postsurgical dressings. Each surgeon is different in their technique and there will also be differences in how they handle their dressings and postoperative care. 

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon