My Back Bracket Fell off What Should I Do?

Today i was eating my lunch and after lunch i was flossing and i saw that i am missing my right back bracket i also wear rubberbands i wear my left side full time and my right at night. What should i do?

Broken bracket

+1

Call your orthodontist pronto!  Getting the bracket replaced soon is important to be sure you do not get "off track" from your treatment schedule.  When you call, ask about whether you need to stop your elastics until the bracket is replaced.

Seattle Orthodontist

Broken Bracket

+1

Call your Orthodontist and make an appt to have it reparied as soon as possible.  FYI, make sure you're not eating anything hard, sticky, or chewey, as these types of foods will tend to break brackets.

John T. Eli, DMD
Lake Forest Orthodontist

Call Your Orthodontist for a Broken Bracket

+1

I'd call your orthodontist about your broken bracket so they can get you in to bond a new one.  They'll be able to tell you if you can continue to wear your rubber bands without the bracket on.

They should be able to squeeze you into the schedule fairly quickly for a broken bracket so your be good as new in no time.

Scott Frey, DDS
Allentown Orthodontist

Broken bracket

+1

Good job flossing after lunch! Many patients find it hard to find the time to floss with braces, perhaps you are using one of the newer orthodontic flossers.

I figure you know to call your doctor to set up a repair appointment. If you were a patient in my office I would advise to stop wearing the rubberbands until we have had a chance to take a look. The rubberbands may contribute to unwanted movement if some brackets are missing.

Good luck!

Rob van den Berg, DDS, MS
San Ramon Orthodontist