My Baby's Nose Is Flatter Around His Eyes. Should I Worry?

My 8 month old nose is flatter around his eyes what I do.should I see a doctor for it

Baby's nose is flat

+2

Infant's typically have a flat appearance at their bridge compared to older teens and adults. This is normal until the nasal bones begin to grow and develop, hence the term "infantile nose" in adult patients whose bones don't grow and enlarge. Love your baby and don't worry about imperfections at this point. He/she is going to grow and change.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't worry about your baby's nose.

+2

Facial growth (including the nose) goes on for years.  Your baby's nose is going to change as the face matures.  You have nothing to worry about.

Facial profile changes with age.

+2

I recommend that you not get alarmed by this unless the bridge of the nose is dramatically flat.  The human face grows in a well defined pattern.  In general, the growth progresses from top-down.  That is to say, infants have a relatively much larger upper third facial skeleton in comparison to the midface and lower face.  During the toddler years and early childhood, the midface (corresponding to the middle third where the nose and upper jaw are located) grows proportionately more than the upper third, followed by the lower face during late childhood and early teen years.  If you are worried, then by all means I recommend visiting with a pediatric plastic surgeon or craniofacial surgeon to rule out any possible syndrome that is affecting this area. 

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Most babies have wider flatter noses

+1

The nose lags the rest of the face in growth which is why most babies have wider flatter noses - this is normal

Sam Naficy, MD

What would you worry about?

+1

I assume your baby was seen by your pediatrician, if they think anything is wrong, I assume they will tell you.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD