Will my Baby Be Okay?

i was on isotretinoin for 6 months. 4 weeks 3days after finishing the course i became pregnant will my baby be okay? i last took isotretinoin june 16th and am now 8weeks 2days pregnant. please help

Pregnancy and Isotretinoin

According to the I pledge guidelines, you should be sure not to become pregnant for one month after your last dose. In fact, patients are required to have a pregnancy test one month after completing Accutane treatment. Fortunately, being water soluble, Accutane leaves the system fairly quickly. It has a relatively short half life. You and your baby should be fine.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

5320 Providence Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23464

Post accutane pregnancy

In your case it is unreasonable to think prior isotretinoin use would have any effect whatsoever on your pregnancy since it should have been well out of your system at the time of conception.  

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

10672 Wexford Street
San Diego, CA 92131

Isotretinoin and pregnancy

The FDA states that you can become pregnant safely one month after finishing a course of Accutane. If you were 4 weeks and 3 days post your last isotretinoin pill you would fall into their safe zone. That's the best guideline I can give you.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117