I Had my BA 4 Days Ago, Last Night my Left Breast Flexed, Painful and Feels Like a Knot. What's Going On?

I accidently flexed my left breast, it now is painful to touch and feels like there is a knot in the lower part of my breast. I went under the muscle with smooth silicone gel implants. Could I have torn the muscle or caused any damage to the implant. So worried

Breast augmentation 4 days ago. Now painful and with knot.

+1

It sounds like spasm of the pectoralis major muscle.  This is common after this operation, especially as one goes under this muscle and puts it on stretch.  It is still a good idea to call you plastic surgeon's office and let him/her know what is going on.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/breast-augmentation

Had my BA 4 Days Ago, Last Night my Lft Breast Flexed, Painful&Feels Like a Knot. What's Going On?Answer:

+1

I agree that what you are feeling is a spasm of the muscle and is very common. It can happen even several months later. Another thing my patients notice is that in the morning they experience a very tight feeling that loosens up as the day goes on and then starts out tight again the morning. This too goes away as well...All very normal!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

4 days post-op breast augmentation

+1

I am sure you will be having a post-op check up appointment within the next few days.  Definitely mention this to your surgeon. However, I do not believe you hurt anything nor have anything to be concerned with. You may be experiencing a muscle spasm which is not uncommon at this juncture.  Keep an eye on it until you meet with your surgeon again and make sure it doesn't get red or you experience a fever.  I am sure you are fine though.  Good luck!

Pain and knot 4 days after breast augmentation

+1

It is not uncommon to feel unusual aches/pains/pulling and or popping several days after breast augmentation. Often times, this is normal healing and is not of any concern. I would encourage you to mention this to your surgeon at your post-operative appointment. 

Web reference: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=www.gayosoplasticsurgery.com&gbv=2&oq=www.gayosoplasticsurgery.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Usually a muscle spasm

+1

This is most commonly a muscle spasm and a muscle relaxer could possibly help.  If you pulled a muscle, then it could be a bit more like a torn muscle with possibly bleeding in the area that could form a "knot".  Go in and see your surgeon for a physical exam.

Normal

+1

This usually a muscle spasm which occurs often.   We often give a medication that helps. You have not hurt anything. 

Web reference: Http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com

"Knot-like" pain 4 days after breast enlargement.

+1

Amber, nothing you did could damage your implant (they are extraordinarily durable!), but you certainly could have stimulated a muscle spasm, or perhaps strained or tore a few muscle fibers. The firm "knot" you feel may simply be swelling, or could be a collection of blood or fluid. Without an examination in person, none of us can give you any meaningful reassurance--it takes your own surgeon to examine you and let you know what his or her best assessment is, and what recommendation (if any) is needed.

You may simply need reassurance that all is well, but nothing beats knowing and not worrying. So call your surgeon's office and set up a recheck ASAP. Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast augmentation

+1

You could have torn a small band of tissue or you could have developed a local muscle spasm.  As long as you do not have extreme swelling on one side (suggesting a hematoma) ther is probably not an emergency brewing.  Keep in close contact with your surgeon or his/her staff; get looked at in the morning to be sure everything is okay  If there is rapid increase in swelling call your doctor right away.

Muscle spasm

+1

It is unlikely that you tore your muscle more, but you may be experiencing muscle spasm that is causing the pain. If you are concerned, then I suggest that you touch base with your surgeon.

Pain 4 Days after Breast Augmentation

+1

You may be experiencing muscle spasm. Notify your plastic surgeon to be evaluated and perhaps a muscle relaxer could help.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon