My First BA Was Done with Armpit Incision Can I Use the Same Spot for 2nd BA?

I am having my PIP implant removed they were done in 2004 via the armpit, 350cc round textured silicone under muscle. I was flat chested before hand and struggled at first to sit up because of the incision and new weight on my chest. I am in two minds about replacing them or not. I am guessing once there gone I will go back to flat chested because of the gap. I liked the armpit incision because I cant see the scare if I get new implants in can I use the same incision or am I best going another way.

Armpit Incision is best for implant insertion

+1

The armpit (trans-axillary approach) is an excellent option for implant insertion, and is my first choice for primary breast augmentation with both saline and silicone gel implants. It can also be used for implant replacement, however, I would prefer to remove a PIP silicone implant through a more direct incision to minimize the chance of a ruptured implant. The new implants could be placed through whichever incision is used to remove the PIP's, but my preference would be to use an incision in the breast fold. You should discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon in order to make an informed decision. Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Armpit Incision-- Can I Use the Same Spot for 2nd BA

+1

I would prefer to remove a silicone implant through a more direct incision to minimize the chance of rupture and spillage. It certainly can be taken out through the axilla, but the manipulation required is more likely to injure the implant. 

The new implant could be placed through whichever incision is used to remove the PIP's.

Thanks and best wishes.