My asymmetrical nose

I have Nostril Asymmetry and it is quite affecting my daily lives in talking properly to my friends or strangers, except people I am very close with like my family. I am 15 going 16 and I am worried about communicating with people when I'm older eg. Work or social projects. How can I change my nose shape to be symmetrical in a non surgical way ?

Nostril asymmetry

+1
Unfortunately, nonsurgical procedures (i.e., soft tissue fillers) for altering nostril shape do not effectively work. However, depending on the type of nostril asymmetry that exists, there may be less extensive surgical options such as alar base surgery that can significantly improve the appearance of problems such as unequal nostril size, alar flaring (the excessively rounded appearance of the nostril rims), or the nasal base being too wide. Other problems including crookedness of the nostrils or nostril rims that are asymmetric in height need more extensive surgery and are typically addressed during rhinoplasty surgery. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgery to discuss your concerns and see what options may be available to you.

Nasal issue

+1
If you have significant asymmetry and you are unhappy with the appearance, then you should discuss it with your parents to see if you can be evaluated by a plastic surgeon.

Assymetric Nostrils

+1
Hi V,

Unfortunately, nostril shape cannot safely be changed non-surgically.  Most of the time, the deformity is imagined to be much worse by you than by others.  I would recommend speaking with a professional about your feelings at least until you are older.  If it still bothers you, then rhinoplasty will be for you.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD