What to Do About my Asymmetrical Breast? (photo)

My left Breast is two cups larger than my right breast I don't know what to. I am 24 years old and I am embarrass I won't date or don't have a man because I don't feel confident and afraid to get hurt .I cry myself to sleep most night. I pray about it . I don't have the income to pay for a breast augmentation . my left breast sagging bad and my right look sideways.not only do they look weird there it feels like its hurting my chest walls. I want to feel confident for once and be happy.

Asymmetry

+1

You need a lift, small reduction and augmentation on the right and a lift and augmentation on the left side. Your breasts will only look similar and never the same

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

If you are happy with the size of the larger breast, you can lift that breast.  The smaller breast can be lifted and an implant can be utilized to reduce the volume discrepancy between the breasts.  You can also reduce the larger breast and lift the smaller breast.  Good luck.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Asymetry

+1

Do not give up hope. your condition of severe breast asymmetry actually occurs i approximately 5% of patients with macromastia. There is hope. The key is what size do you desire to be after your surgery and do you mind artificial material. Many patients reduce the larger breast and have a breast lift (mastopexy) of the smaller breast to produce symmetry. The unilateral breast reduction might be covered by some insurance carriers. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast assymmetry correction.

+1

Thank you for reaching out and asking about your breasts and sharing your feelings. I have performed many surgeries like yours and the biggest reward is the change in the person's self esteem and confidence.

As the other surgeons have suggested, a lift of the larger breast and an implant with a small lift on the smaller breast will make you much more symmetric. Realize that these are surgically challenging cases and often a small revision may need to be performed to give the best result possible.

Make an appointment with a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon to discuss so you can start your journey to a happier you! Good luck!

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

What to Do About my Asymmetrical Breast?

+1

Yes you need staged breasts surgery to correct the severe asymmetry, Seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Large asymmetry

+1

I have seen a few cases such as yours over the years.  If you were to just add volume to the left breast then it would be larger but would soon be sagging like the right side.  With that in mind, I think you need a combination of breast lift and breast augmentation, even if you just add an implant to the left side only.  Because of the large difference in size between your breasts it is possible that insurance might cover some or all of this depending on which insurance plan you use and what their policy might be.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1

You certainly can have a lift done for both breasts and an implant placed in the smaller one, but you may need a revision or small secondary procedure to balance them out.  This is because the implant side may not match the non-implant side as well because the two are so different.

BREAST ASYMMETRY

+1

Hi Sadsammy,

Thanks for the photos. Don't fret things can be markedly improve and your confidence restored.  There is marked asymmetry of the breasts with Tuberous characteristics.  On the right you will need a lift with areolar reduction and possibly a small implant.  On the left you will need a lift possible a areolar reduction, correction of the tuberous breasts and augmentation.  I would consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry breast correction

+1

Hi,

thank you for the information and pic. I understand your concern and how upset you are. The pic is taken in the mirror? So the larger and lower breast is actually the LEFT breast, not the right correct?

Based on the info and your pic, you would benefit from: 

RIGHT: Breast lift only

LEFT: Breast reduction and lift to match the right side volume. 

If you want to be bigger, I would suggest implants as well. However, that may not be in your budget. 
The primary concern is to get them the same size and shape. Then you can consider implants in the future to get the size you want. 
I think fat transfer is an option but it is not easy to predict how much of the fat lives and how much is absorbed. This plan would likely need a touch up in the future to balance the breast size better. 

You can always schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. A consult in person is always better than online. However, i hope these answers help you with the process so far. 

Thanks! 

Bennett Yang, MD

washington dc

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

This can be improved with Fat Transplantation

+1

You could benefit from a reduction and breast lift on the right side and simultaneous increase and reshaping on the left side using fat transplantation.  Fat can be liposuctioned from unwanted body areas (not from your right breast) and placed in the left breast for increased volume and size.  We have previously published on this concept.  I have attached a link.

Best Regards,

Dr Del Vecchio

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD