What Can Be Done to Make my Asian Nose Projected and Pointy? (photo)

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Building the bridge of your nose and increasing the projection of your tip will make your nose appear projected and more "pointy" from the front.  For Asian rhinoplasty I like using a DCF technique for the bridge and a combination of a shield graft and lateral crural struts for the tip.  

Asian rhinoplasty, tip rhinoplasty, with/without alar base (nostril) modification.

+1

A number of different surgical techniques are available to increase the projection and the refinement (pointiness) of your tip.  Conservative excision of cartilage in the tip of your nose, and suture techniques can be used to increase the refinement in your tip.  In addition, cartilage grafts (pieces of cartilage from your own body carved into specific shapes) can be used to increase the projection of your tip and change the shape of it.
Changing the projection and shape of the tip can alter the proportions of the nostrils and the base of the nostrils, and sometimes modification or narrowing of the bases is necessary to restore the appropriate balance.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Can be done...

+1

In my opinion, you need extension and projection of the cartilaginous septum to give you the result you want.  A tip graft will help, but would be best used in conjunction with a septal extension graft.  I would consult with an experienced specialist that has experience with Asian noses.  Asian rhinoplasty utilizes techniques that are not commonly used in Caucasian rhinoplasty.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

What Can Be Done to Make my Asian Nose Projected and Pointy?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nasal tip cartilages themselves are thin but weak and so they tend to say and look less projected.  A conchal cartilage ear graft to the nasal tip as a Tip-Plasty instead of a full Rhinoplasty should do the trick.  Hope this helps.

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Asian nasal skin tends to be thick and in order to get more tip definition, you usually need to reshape the cartilage and add a tip graft to provide adequate support...consult an experienced surgeon who can show you pictures of his/her work.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

I prefer to use the patient's own tissue to increase projection of the Asian nose. The tip, including the base of the nose, is narrowed and defined. Consult with a surgeon experienced in ethnic rhinoplasty.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

This is a very common request in my office.  

Common requests for Asian Rhinoplasty include:

Building up or Augmentation of the nasal dorsum

Refining the tip with increased projection and rotation

Increased nasal projection)

Alar Base Reduction

My preference is to do so in a way that is natural and balanced with the rest of your face.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD