I Had Silicone Implants, Under Muscle, and Incisions are Above My Areola. Is This Normal?

My Areola Incision is on the Top of my Areola, Not Bottom.  Will This Leave a More Noticeable Scar?  Is It Common for Ps to Do? I had breast augmentation. Silicone implants, under the muscle and my incision are in the top , not bottom of my areola....not bottom. Is that common?

Breast Implants - I Had Silicone Implants, Under Muscle, and Incisions are Above My Areola. Is This Normal?

+1

Supra-areolar incisions (incisions over the top of the areola) are not among the most common incisions but they may be indicated - did you have a small lift at the same time?  Photos would be helpful.  The most common incisions are periareolar (more specifically and accurately infra-areolar, since they are around the lower portion of the areola), infra-mammary (under the breast), axillary (armpit) and umbilical (belly-button).  The last is available for saline implants only and the first two are the most commonly used.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E