Will my Appearance Benefit from Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I have a protruding nose with a bulbous tip. I also have a deviated septum, and a small bump on the top. I would like to have my nose less pronounced, with a more refined tip. My nostrils are also asymmetrical, with one smaller than the other. The right side nostril actually looks crooked and leans to the left. I am also considering having it pushed back to be less pronounced. I would like to know whether my nose would look unnatural with this done.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip, projecting nose and septoplasty

+2

Decreasing the  overly projecting nose will help make the nose looked less prominent along with narrowing tip. Narrowing of the tip is accomplished with suturing techniques of the tip cartilages. The hump is removed by shaving down the cartilage and bone  present along the bridge line and osteotomies are performed to  narrow the nasal bones if necessary.

Improved Appearance Following Rhinoplasty

+2

Whether or not your nose will look natural after a rhinoplasty will solely depend on the experience and aesthetic tastes of your surgeon. Work with a specialist whose results you like.

Will my Appearance Benefit from Rhinoplasty?

+2

From the photos provided, the nose has an over-projected nasal tip that's a bit wide.  Rhinoplasty can refine the nose but that alone will not make the face more attractive.  If you are interested in making the face more naturally, feminine and attractive augmenting the cheeks (that are flat) with filler (I prefer Perlane) or cheek implants and the chin that's weak with a Chin Implant would be appropriate.

The tip of your nose can be elevated and brought back closer to your face

+2

Hi,
From these photos, you appear to be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. The cartilages that form the tip of your nose are strong, and they produce almost all of the features that you notice about your nose: they hold the tip of your nose far forward away from your face, they hold the tip down, so the tip appears somewhat drooping and long, and they make the tip look wide. See the "Web reference" of my response to see a morph showing what your nose could look like after a successful rhinoplasty.
These changes require complicated work on the tip. Most of the patients that I see for revision rhinoplasty have had inadequate work on the tip and still have projecting, long noses, so be sure your plastic surgeon can make the changes that you want for yourself. The Web reference gives tips on finding a doctor.
It's good news for you that elevating a tip, bringing the tip back closer to the face, narrowing the tip, and taking down a bump on the bridge, are four of the most predictable changes to make in a rhinoplasty. Correcting minor asymmetries is very difficult, but minor asymmetries are usually much less important and noticeable than the other features that I've discussed here.
So I'd be optimistic about a good result in a nose like yours.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for your question.  Yes, in good hands, you can have a very nice improvement to your appearance with a less projecting dorsum and tip, refined tip with less pointyness, and less retracted columella.

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

The tip can be refined and the tip can be deprojected.  There are several maneuvers to improve nostril asymmetry depending upon the elements involved.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA