My 6th and 16th Day Photos After BA. I Feel the Implant in the Right Breast is Lower. Normal? (photo)

I feel the right implant lower than the left one. Is it normal, or is there someting wrong? In the first week it wasnt like that. what should I do?

Right breast implant is lower after surgery

+1

The right breast implant appears to be slightly lower after your surgery.  If you feel one implant is falling faster than the other you should wear a good supportive bra and tighten the bra strap on the side that is falling faster and then you allow the other side to fall by loosening the strap on the opposite side.  This will help to even out the breasts. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

My 6th and 16th Day Photos After BA. I Feel the Implant in the Right Breast is Lower.

+1

WAIT for at least 3 months before being so exacting as to placement of implant. You need healing time. 

Too soon

+1

Hello. It is far to early to decide if you have post operative asymmetry. The implants are still falling into their final position and you are still experiencing swelling which may not be equal on each side. I would recommend you continue following any instructions from your surgeon and give yourself at least four months before you start to worry about your outcome.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Concerns about Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is visible in the photographs you have posted. However, as I am sure you have heard, breast implants may “settle” at different rates;  at this point, I would not be concerned if I were you. 

Of course, your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise and/or reassure you.  I would suggest continued patience and regular follow-up with your plastic surgeon. 

Breast implant issues

+1

Remember that no two breasts are exactly the same.  Yours are no exception. They look very good at 16 days and will most likely look even better in a few months.

Asymmetric Implant Position

+1

You are very early in your post operative course. The first 3 months are typically marked by inflammation and scarring. Over time the swelling will decrease and the soft tissues will stretch and accommodate, allowing the implants to fall into position. This may not necessarily occur at the same time on both sides and can take up to 6 months.

Be patient for now and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon. Thank you for the question and pictures. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Uneven Implants After Breast Augmentation

+1

16 days after breast augmentation is too early to judge implant position.  Continue the postoperative course for at least 3 months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I Feel the Implant in the Right Breast is Lower

+1

These look quite even to me on the photos. On the middle photos, where the implants look a bit uneven, the shoulders are also uneven, making it hard to evaluate. A visit to your surgeon is the best way to sort this out. 

All the best.