Can I Get my Alar Sidewalls Retracted Upwards?

using my hands I'm able to retract my alar sidewall upwards, is it possible to get surgery to hold it in this position I also have a very projected nose so could this be incorporated into the same op?

Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) for Alar Sidewalls

+1

Rotation of alar cartilages and shortening of long nose could be achieved at the same time with a rhinoplasty.
Not so clear what you mean particularity by rotation?

London Plastic Surgeon

Alar Sidewall Suture Anchor Fixation

+1

I believe what you are referring to is moving the location/attachment of the alar sidewalls (base of nostrils) inward and upward, as perhaps they get very splayed outward when you smile. I have done that exact procedure for one patient by attaching the nostril to the underlying bone by a permanent suture anchor through an intraoral approach.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

Raising the alar wings or the alar base is not usually done, but this may be indicated in your situation.  Hard to say without pictures or an exam.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for alar retraction upwards.

+1

I would need to see better pictures to determine what is the proper course of action for your rhinoplasty. Otherwise giving you an answer would be just a guess without seeing what's involved.

Retracting the alar side walls during rhinoplasty

+1

Alar retraction just might be needed for your rhinoplasty, however the goal for most is to prevent alar side wall retraction at all costs. Old style rhinoplasty used to be plagued by the stigmata of alar retraction, often called the "snarl" look and modern trends have been developed to avoid it, and correct it if things don't work out well. Easy to cause if you need it, harder to correct if you don't.