I Think my Airway Issues Are Caused by Underdeveloped Maxilla. Need MD. Is Plastic Surgery or Oral Surgery? (photo)

I am 36 and have been snoring and sighing in my sleep and wke up with a sort of raw feeling in my upper soft palate and back of throat.I have a protruding chin and deep nasolabial folds so I think its a underdeveloped maxilla. My teeth fit good but I have no upper teeth show even after orthodontics. I dont know what to be asking for or what kind of doc to consult with. Will insurance cover any of it? Should I just be doing sinus surgery? I want to fix my breathing but look better if possible

Airway Issues

+1

I see many patients who have various congenital differences of the maxilla including those with an underdeveloped maxilla, as well as some who had cleft lip or cleft palate repairs as children. Your underdeveloped maxilla may certainly be contributing to your airway issues, but a careful examination of the nose and your oral cavity may reveal that a minimally invasive nasal surgery could give you a great improvement to your breathing. An expert can help you determine what are the best ways to gain improvement. I hope this was helpful!

Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Underdeveloped Maxilla

+1

To investigate under developed maxill and the bite you need to see a dental surgeon, or a plastic surgepon with training in maxillo-facial surgery. A cephalometrogram will show the exact measurements and diagnosis.

If there is no problems with the bones then you may want to consult an ENT surgeon to evaluate your airways and the soft palte and the snoring,

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.