Will my African American Nose Benefit from Non-surgical Nose Job? (photo)

I like my nose but the wideness of my bridge really bothers me. I'm scared of being overdone so I was thinking of a non-surgical nose job. I was looking at a few pictures of individuals that had the procedure done and I really liked the result. But I did not see anyone with a nose like mine. I know it's not permanent and can't move bones but does anyone think it would help my problem? And ANY recommendations of a surgeon experienced with ethnic nose (Near Raleigh NC) would be greatly appreciated

Will my African American nose benefit from non-surgical nose job?

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear you are not happy with the appearance of your nasal bridge. A non-surgical rhinoplasty can give the appearance of thinner bridge and it can also be performed  to address the following issues:

1) Nasal hump

2) Drooping nasal tip

3) Desire to build the nasal dorsum

4)  Corrrect minor nasal irregularities

From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to examine your nose in person and address your needs. My practice is located in Charlotte, and we would be happy to answer any questions you have.  I have some pictures of non-surgical rhinoplasty patients on my website for your review.  I hope this helps, and good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Nose Job For Ethnic Patients

+1

A non-surgical rhinoplasty will most likely not benefit you, as the procedure is usually geared towards improving the appearance of a minor nasal imperfection or or small hump and cannot reduce the width of the nose. An ethnic rhinoplasty should always be performed by an experienced facial plastic surgeon, as they have the most experience in preserving cultural identity while achieving a natural and balanced appearance. There are several different surgical options that may benefit you, and I would suggest scheduling a consultation with an experienced doctor.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

+1

As you have pointed out, non-surgical rhinoplasty techniques do not affect the width of the upper half and since that is the only problem I see, at least from the pictures you have submitted, it will not be helpful to you.  However, reducing only the excess width of the nasal bridge will not result in an overdone nose if done properly by an experienced plastic surgeon.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Will depends on your expectations

+1

The wideness of the bridge can be improved with filler but there is limitations. You can try the filler and if not happy ,then do the surgery. Fillers like Juvaderm are reversible. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon