My Active Acne Are More Red After Microdermabrasion?

I went for a microdermabrasion session today and the active acne on my face turned red after the session. Was the microdermabrasion done correctly? Is it normal to have red scars?

+1

Microdermabrasion is too rough on the skin if you have active acne, I would suggest waiting till the blemishes are controlled before having another treatment.

Acne and microdermabrasion

+1

Acne can and will be irritated after microdermabrasion. Understand that microdermabrasion takes off the superficial layers of the skin, thus irritating some skin, especially sensitive acne. If you have cystic or inflammatory acne, microdermabrasion isn't the best idea - you may need prescription medications.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

It is normal to have some redness after microdermabrasion

+1

It is normal to have some redness after microdermabrasion. However, if you have inflammatory acne, you may be best off seeing your dermatologist before proceeding with your next microdermabrasion

David Goldberg, MD