Should my abs be hurting 16 weeks post tt op?

I am 16 weeks (4 months) post tummy tuck and muscle tightening, I still can not lie on my stomach, the right side ab muscle is very painful all the time, at the end of the day if I am not wearing a binder I am pulled forward, swollen and in pain with ever step on that side, should I be concerned? I can exercise but I cant turn or lift anything to the right.

Tummy tuck recovery

+1
Pain, pulling, and tugging along the incision quite common after tummy tuck surgery. The discomfort can get worse a few weeks after surgery as some of the nerves start to wake up and work again. Pain can also increase because at three weeks out patients start to get more active once again.

Sometimes the pain is caused by tugging of a stitch that will eventually dissolve, sometimes it can be caused by scar tissue. Generally these aches and pains and zings will come and go for a few months after surgery, but usually they resolve.

You may feel more comfortable if you speak to your plastic surgeon directly. He or she should be the one to recommend medication to you.

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon