My 56 Year Old Friend is 15 Years Post Implanted Breast Prosthetic Following Complete Right Side Mastectomy?

She is here in a Japanese island to work and experiencing a rapidly reddening right breast (overnight). The breast is warm to the touch and a she has a fever of 99-high for her. I took her to the ER yesterday where they put her on flagyl for possible cellulitis. Since she has no breast tissue she has no pain so they had difficulty with that diagnosis but are going to try that. What would indicate need for removal? Next step? She will go back to Austria for treatment if needed. Thank you.

15 Years Post Implanted Breast Prosthetic Following Complete Right Side Mastectomy, fever, warmth

+1

It sounds like an implant infection is suspected. If she fails to improve on antibiotics, the next step would be removal of the implant. If there is a local plastic surgeon near you, that might be the  place to go now. Best wishes.