Are my 550cc Silicone Hp Unders Too Big? 2 Months Post Op. (photo)

I am a 31yr old. 5'8 tall, 120lbs. I don't have children yet but planning to start next year & intend to breastfeed when i do. I am 2 months post op. My original goal was to NOT look like a porn star and hoping for something around 450cc but after reading about loosing size unders, I decided on 550cc & my surgeon kindly obliged. Now tho my fiancé likes, I have buyers remorse :/ Too big, franken-boob, future sagging, will i need a lift after breastfeed? Am i obsessing? See me, what do you think?

Too Big?

+2

There really is no precise answer to that question in that it is a rather subjective issue.  I do think it is important to be respectful of your anatomy and to avoid using implants that have a base diameter that is too big for the size of your chest.  Beyond that, however, it really is a personal decision.  I would caution you to avoid getting too many opinions because the only one that really matters is yours.  Give it some time and if you have concerns then discuss them with your plastic surgeon.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

2 Months Postop 550 cc Too Big?

+1

Implants that large may take 3 to 6 months to drop with aggressive massage.  The left is riding higher and should be massaged vigorously.  If you want them changed, most plastic surgeons revise the surgery through an incision on the breast.

Breast implants and breast feeding in the future

+1

Firstly it's still early days. Wait for the swelling and your implants to settle- really about 6 months. I suspect by then you'll be used to them. A lift after breast feeding? Really hard to predict. Breasts definitely do enlarge during pregnancy and breast feeding but may well return (close) to how they were pre- pregnancy. At the end of the day if you are feeling they are too large it is not too tricky to swap them for smaller ones. 

Richard Rahdon, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Without an actual exam it is hard to give real cretic. From your picture they do look big but we are not able to see your whole body. For example we can’t see how much booty you have. You are still swollen it takes 6-9 months for swelling to completely subside. Give it time to settle.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Asymmetry and feeling too big after breast augmentation

+1

There is a clear size discrepancy with the breast on the right (mirror image, right?) larger than the left.  This is mostly evident at the superior pole which makes me wonder whether there might still be some swelling/fluid there.  I would recommend the use of a bandeau bra (a bra with a strap that helps push the upper pole of the breast down) for a month and then re-evaluate the situation.  If the right breast settles down a little and volume symmetry is good I think you can look forward to a nice result.  If significant volume asymmetry persists you will need a revision.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Are my 550cc Silicone Hp Unders Too Big? 2 Months Post Op.

+1

More posted photos with additional views would help. But the result appears acceptable. It only one who needs to be happy is YOU! 

Breast implants

+1

Being too big or too small is really in the eye of the beholder. As for breast feeding , many women with implants can. As for the shape of the breasts after pregnancy, it really varies and is hard to predict.

Anxiety and Obsession over breast size following a breast augmentation

+1

Implants being too big or too small is certainly a personal decision based on many factors.  Early in the post operative period your shape is not the final contour of your breasts.  Continue to massage the implants and  give the muscle a chance to stretch out over the implant.  This will help to decrease some of the upper pole fullness that you are currently experiencing.  It is certainly easy to obsess over the this issue, the best answer is don't.  Give it time, if you get 6 months out and are unhappy with your breast size then discuss the issue with your plastic surgeon.  For you a change from 450 cc to 550 cc is only 100cc, about 1/2 cup size difference.   

Breast Implant Buyer's Remorse

+1

You are obsessing.

You should continue to improve for a year or more, just takes time.  During the healing period, you implants will continue to drop and look better.

Currently I see asymmetry, with the left implant being higher.  This should improve too, but you may want to ask about massage techniques to help.

Nobody can predict sagging, etc.  My advice is to have the kids you want, fix the breast only if needed.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Too big? That is the question!

+1

As my colleagues have responded, "too big?" or "not enough?" are questions we get asked every day, but only YOU can decide for yourself. If you sized at 450cc, I would probably have added 50cc to your "sizing choice" in the operating room. But this decision is also tempered by my intra-operative findings as regards muscle thickness and skin/muscle tone/elasticity, and perhaps I might have chosen closer to the 450cc you first considered.

Please realize that 550cc is just over 3 ounces larger than the number you now think you want. 100cc is very close to the "minimal visible" size difference that most patients can differentiate, and you would need to go down by at least a similar amount to see the most minimal difference.

In looking at your photos, I see one breast larger than the other by a visible amount, and would suggest (in addition to waiting at least 6 months before making a decision about "too big" or "acceptable") that you should see if that degree of asymmetry persists as swelling goes down and your implants settle, breast tissues compress, and ribcage flattens. All of these things will change your "final result" from what you have now! If that degree of asymmetry persists, different-sized implants may be in order.

All that being said, you are tall, but slim, and if these feelings of not liking your size continue, I would consider going smaller, but perhaps only on the side that (still, if it does) remains too large. Truly do not rush into re-operation!

As for the changes related to pregnancy and breast-feeding, Dr. Pousti's recommendations (especially not gaining too much weight under the guidance of your Ob/Gyn) are right on target. Nobody can accurately predict what sort of changes an individual patient might expect with their breasts or abdomen after pregnancy (or pregnancies, or twins), so keeping fit and not gaining excess weight will make your post-pregnancy appearance closer to that of Heidi Klum's abdomen (and presumably breasts) after 4 pregnancies, and less likely to require plastic surgery! For an example of one of my breast augmentation patients after 7 pregnancies, click on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon