My 50 yr old face needs fixing (photos)

I have saggy jowls and it looks awful My cheeks appear hollow and there is a pad of skin under my rhs lower lip which is disfiguring. Im far from wealthy but its really knocking my confidence please advise what I can do save putting a paper bag over my head!!

Facelift for a 50-year-old face

+1
Thank you for your question.  You look excellent for your age and have very good bone structure, nice skin with early laxity and should be an excellent candidate for a facelift.

Please choose your surgeon carefully.  Facelift is a complex art and requires significant experience.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced,  and is specifically an expert at facelift, and has an excellent reputation in your community.  Properly done you should have an excellent facelift result.

Facial Rejuvenation

+1
There are several options to help address your concerns.  Facelift surgery with volume restoration is a good option.  However, there are other options that may help you if cost is a concern.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can help and guide you towards achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize the areas of concern as well as what you may look like afterwards.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Facelift is the solution

+1
Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss facelift surgery.  The facelift includes face and neck. I think you will be wasting your money with a mini lift. An exam is needed to determine other options to give you a younger look.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

My 50 yr old face - Possible solutions

+1
Thank you for your question and for posting the photos. In my opinion the lower face could be rejuvenated with a combination of surgery, in terms of a SMAS lower facelift to address laxity of face and neck, combined with facial fat grafting to enhance the fullness and restore a youthful appearance of your face.

I am sure you will find the right surgeon for you.

All the best.

Andrea Marando

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Jowl correction and facial changes of aging

+1
The photographs show  normal facial changes of aging based on your age. A comprehensive lower face and neck lift can address tightening excess facial and neck skin, removal of any fatty deposits in the neck, tightening the neck muscles and facial SMAS. For many examples, please see the link below to our facelift photo Gallery

Treatment options for face of 50 year old

+1
Based on your photos, I would say the best result for rejuvenating your face would be a combination of surgery and fillers.  A facelift will help with the sagging and the fillers will add fullness.  Both of these will augment each other to give you the best effect.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

+1
Short scar SMAS type of facelift, referred to as mini facelift, with tightening of the SMAS should take care of the jowls and peri-oral wrinkles.

My 50 yr old face needs fixing

+1
A mini-type facelift will remove the sagging skin and tighten the muscle.  Adding fillers to augment the cheek area will give you a more youthful, feminine look!  These are relatively easy, quick procedures that can be done within a budget.