Why do my 480cc saline implants look so small? (Photos)

I had a breast augmentation 5 days ago. I had 400cc mentor saline implants overfilled to 475 L and 480 R. I have so many different feelings about these implants but for the most part I am trying to give it time and be happy with them. I was a 34 saggy b after breastfeeding one child and had hoped this implant size would bring me up to look a D cup in clothes. I also am significantly smaller on the right side still. I don't mind the asymmetry of my nipples.

Saline implants

+2
Thank you for your question. I know it is difficult to be patient in the early postoperative period, but it is going to take several weeks to months to see the final results. The best thing you can do right now is to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions and let the swelling subside and the implants settle into position. It can take up to 6 months before you know the final results.  As far as your concern about your size, I think you picked the appropriate size implant to take you from a B cup to a D cup. After all of the swelling has subsided I think you will be happy with the results.  Good luck.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Final Results

+2
At 5 days it is very premature to judge your result. Your breasts will undergo tremendous changes as the swelling subsides and the implants settle into place. Also, it is very common to have size anxiety immediately after surgery. Happens a lot. Let them heal. I bet you end up happy with your size.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

Dissatisfied with current implants

+1
Thanks so much for your question.  I think at this point my biggest piece of advise is to be patient.  I could make a number of comments based on your photo but it would be unfair since you will change so much over the next few weeks.  Additionally the implants will begin to appear larger with time since your swelling will begin to dissipate and resolve.  In other words, you will shrink and your implants will stay the same size making them appear larger overall.  Be patient for now.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Why do my 480cc saline implants look so small?

+1
Sometimes either you or your surgeon choses the wrong volume implant. Plus only 5 cc's difference in fill is NOT enough for the pre operative asymmetry seen in your before posted photos.