I Thought 445 Cc's Would Make Me A Small D, But They're Bigger. Will They Go Down In Time?

I am 5'2 and I weigh 110 lbs. I just went under breast augmentation about 2 and a half weeks ago. I recieved saline implants. Before I went under I was a 32 small B and now I am a 32 DD-34 D. I was told that getting 445 cc's would only make me a full C small D ,but they are definitly a DD right now. Would receiving 445 cc's make me a DD or as they drop will they just get smaller?

Breast Size After Augmentation

+1

There is always swelling right after surgery. Although most is gone in the first 6-8 weeks, there will be changes for several months after surgery. Which is a long way of saying it is too early for you to know what size you will finally be. There are far more comments from patients that they just wished they went a size larger than that they are too large so I would not be at all surprised if you eventually are pleased with your size. I do agree with my colleagues that you should be more concerned about your appearance and what looks right for you than an arbitrary cup size. Good luck to you and try to be patient.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Your apparent breast size will likely decrease as time goes by. Be patient!

+1

At 2 1/2 to 3 weeks post-op, you are still high, tight, and somewhat swollen. Depending on the sugical technique and placement above or below the muscle, this may also increase or decrease the severity of your swelling. Regardless, what is certain is that you WILL experience ongoing changes and will continue to look better and more natural as time goes by. The younger and more muscular and fit you are, and the fewer babies you have had or breast fed, the SLOWER this occurs. Imagine an older woman who has had more children, breast fed, and has poorer skin tone and muscle tone--she can expect to drop, soften, and settle faster than a younger, more youthful, more muscular woman who has had no children.

In general, I tell my patients that it takes about 250cc to equal 1 bra cup size, so 445cc should add nearly two cup sizes to your previous breast volume, which would enlarge you from a B-cup to a D-cup or thereabouts! Were you a "full B" or a "small B?" And is there a big difference between a D and a DD? Bra sizes are so variable I find them of limited value in discussing size with patients; it's much better to let things settle and see how you look in clothes and without, and then buy bras that fit well and look nice--forget about the letters on the label! Good luck and best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Yes, they will go down.

+1

Your breast size at two weeks after surgery does not reflect the eventual size you will get.  There is swelling present that will take several more weeks to months to resolve.

The harder question is what your final bra size will be.  I suspect 445 cc is going to be a bit  more than a 32 D, but there is no way to tell at this point.  The label on the bra doesn't really matter, it's what it looks like and how you feel about it.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

At two and a half weeks after surgery the breasts are most likely swollen.  it will take a few months for the swelling to subside and the implants to settle into the pocket. They may in turn look smaller after this time.

"Overshooting" in Breast Sizing

+1

There is no cookbook easy way to translate implant volume(in cc's) to future cup sizes. Most breast implant manufacturers make 3 classes of implants  for the same volume range: low profile, moderate profile and high profile. Using the same volume implant with a different profile would result in a different appearing breast. To add to the complexity of predicting future cup size consider that each woman's breast and chest anatomy is slightly different and differs from side to side producing asymmetry. Adding an identical implant to a slightly different breast usually accentuates such pre-existing asymmetry. Finally, there is no uniform bra industry cup size standard. A C is not a C and a D is not always a D. As a result since cup sizes are at best a guess and predicting breast size based solely on implant volume is another guess combining the two guesses explains your situation and makes it va very common source of disappointment in women undergoing breat augmentation and relying on Internet simplistic ba cup projections 

At this point you need to wait and see how much of te beast ize is due to surgical swelling. In 4-6 weeks you will see more ore less the breasts as they really are. At that time you could better decide on your next sep. 

Good luck.

Peer A Aldea,MD

Size not what you thought

+1

Thanks for your question, I believe your concern highlights one of the most difficult objectives in breast augmentation, what is a cup size?  A cup size can be a moving target that changes from brand to brand and even within style of bra within a brand.  This is because bras are essential a fashion size like dress sizes and not a measure of volume.  Implants are sized by volume and are modified by shape.  In my office, patients help me pick their volume and shape of implant and bra size is only a guide. I do not know the process you went through during your consultation.  As for your own result, it is still early and there is still some swelling and the implants will probably fall.  Given the dimensions that you presented, your starting point size, and the implants that you had placed, I am not suprised you are pushing a full D or even a DD in certain bra brands.  Let everything settle, but discuss with your surgeon your concerns now, so he/she knows that you are unhappy with size right from the start.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Breast size after augmentation

+1
It's too early in the healing process to make an assessment of whether your breasts are too large. There is still swelling which will take time to abate. Also, focus on the shape and appearance of the breasts--not bra size, per se. Additionally, it does take time for patients to psychologically adapt to their new body contour.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Post op cup size in breast augmentation

+1

Firstly, it is way too soon to be worried about size only 2 weeks postop.  It takes 3-4 months to really know the size you will be.  Secondly, it is never a good idea to hang your happiness on "cup size" but rather it should be based on getting the "look" you wanted.  Try to be patient.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Since you're only 2 weeks out of surgery,  it is much too early to evaluate the end results of the procedure;  I think it is also too early to go bra shopping  or to be fit/sized for bras. 

I would suggest that you allow for at least 3 to 6 months before you evaluate the end result surgery;  at that point, I would suggest that you do not base your satisfaction on a specific cup size...Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between  the size of breast implants  and the resulting cup size.

I would not be surprised if you are pleased with the results of surgery in the longer term.

Breast augmentation early postoperative period

+1

It is very early in your recovery period. You can expect the swelling to decrease over the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon