Will my 400cc Implants Look Bigger in the Months Following Surgery?

Im 5"2, 90lbs 30inch back and used to be a small 32Acup (no sagging, tight skin) and got 400cc silicone under muscle 2 days ago. I wanted to become a mid D cup but right now it looks like small/mid C cup. I'm wondering if I'm judging the size too early or when I can expect the final size?

400 cc post op

+2

There will be changes in the shape of the breast with time post operatively and the volume tends to drop into the lower pole of the breast giving a fuller appearance.  This though is at the expense of volume in the upper pole.  In short give it time and the final result will become clear, it is too early to say one way or another what the final cup size will be

Jeremy Hunt

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

400cc implants

+1
Your implants make look bigger in future months when the swelling of the surrounding areas subsides. Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Breast implants do not yet larger after breast augmentation.

+1

Breast implants will not get larger the operation. There may be some redistribution of the volume is swelling subsides however however.

Breast implant final size

+1

I recommend waiting 2-3 months for the swelling to resolve and for the implants to settle before making any final judgements on your results.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

400 cc implants

+1

I think that at this early time it is too early to tell for sure. Once the swelling comes down and things settle, you will have a better idea.

Early breast shape after an augmentation

+1

Your breasts will definitely look different 3 months from now.  The muscle tends to flatten out the implant and does not fully expand the breast pocket.  With time your breast shape will change.  

+1

It is correct that you are judging too early. The implants are typically high riding this early, as they settle the lower pole will fill out, and the upper pole will look more appropriate. Most feel that the breast looks larger, but that is very subjective. 

Patience. 

All the best. 

Concerns about Breast Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. You are correct in that it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. I suggest that you do so 3 to 6 months from now.

You will find that the breasts will change over the next several months;  many patients who initially feel that they are “too small”, are quite pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed. There is a phenomenon called “drop and fluff” that does seem to hold true for many of my patients.

Also, I would suggest that you do not judge the outcome of the procedure performed by exactly what cup size is achieved, given that cup sizes are an unreliable and subjective “measure” of breast size;  you will likely be able to find a C or D cup bra depending on which manufacture you choose.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be please with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.