I'm looking to get my 290cc silicone implants removed after 8 year. I've had a baby since. What will they look like?

(over muscle) What the results likely to be, I was a A cup and went up to a C cup. Also how soon after can i start trying for a baby. How long does it take to see final results. Thanks

What breasts look like after removing implants

+4

After 30 years of placing thousands of breast implants and having been requested to remove only a small fraction of those with breast implants, I can say that there are quite a few myths about implant removal, some of which I see in responses here.

Breast implants are just pillow volume. They do not actually lift the breast or change skin or tissue tone and when they are removed they do not actually make the breast sag or lose skin or tissue tone. Such effects are an illusion.

The capsule around the implant does not have to be removed unless it is demonstrably abnormal. If you just take the pillow out from behind a breast, it should look like it would have looked without the implant. In other words, if the implant was removed a short time after the augmentation, the breasts should go back to looking and feeling like they did when the implant was put in. If taken out years later, the breasts will have changed for various reasons unrelated to the implant and therefore if the pillow/implant is removed then the breasts should look like they would have looked like if the implant hadn't been there but not the same as when they were put in.

There are exceptions to this. If the implant placed originally was too big for the tissues to allow for in one procedure and it stretched or distorted the tissues, then the breasts will look different with the implant removed. Implants about the muscle also tend to stretch the skin and tissues more than sub pectoral implants.

Removing the pillow of an implant (without the removing the capsule) is a simple procedure that can be done with local anesthesia and there is rarely much recovery other than healing the incision used to get at the implant if it is in the crease below the breast (inframammary). There is a small chance of retained air or fluid but generally the results are apparent immediately and there is not reason to delay pregnancy. It's not a good idea to do any surgical procedure during pregnancy but removing implants right before pregnancy shouldn't be a problem. After pregnancy, the breasts need to return to normal like the rest of the body (assuming no breast feeding is done) in order to evaluate properly for implant placement or removal.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Most Patients Who Have Breast Implants Removed Are Happy

+4

Thank you for your question. In my experience most patients who decide to have their breast implants removed are worried about how their breasts will look after the implants are removed.

In my experience most patients are quite comfortable with the appearance of their breasts after the implants had been removed.

Certainly the breasts will be smaller and may initially sag however with time the breast skin envelope does adjust and the appearance improves.

If you no longer want to have your implants there is no reason not to have them removed. Certainly do not agree to a lift during the implant removal procedure. Wait 6-8 months for the breast to adjust to not having the implants and my prediction is you will be content with your decision.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Appearance after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Patience is definitely indicated after removal of breast implants; it will take many months for the skin to “bounce back” and for you to see the final appearance of the breasts.

Consulting with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in person may be helpful. The attached link may be helpful to you as well.

Breast implant removal

+1

Most likely a two cup size decrease will leave you with quite a bit of sagging and will most likely require some kind of lift. One option is to just remove the implants and wait 6-12 months to see how much the skin will retract. The other option is to have the lift at the same time as the explant. An exam with a plastic surgeon is important to help you with your decision as to which way to go.

Luis H. Macias, MD

+1

Hard enough to answer were you being examined. Impossible without photos. Please consider reposting with photos.

Chances are that a two cup size decrease after 8 years will leave you with considerable sagging, but it is hard to predict how much skin tightening will occur once the implants are removed. It can take 6 months to know.

There is no reason you can try for pregnancy right away.

All the best.

Breast Implant explant

+1

There is 8 years and pregnancy since your had your implants. there are factors to take in consideration, aging, pregnancy and the effect of the implant on the breast tissue.

There is no way any body can tell you haw the breast will look after the implants are removed.

I find it best to remove implants with total capsulectomy from an infra-mammary incision so that there is the least interference with the breast tissue.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com