Can my 2.5% Benzoyl Preoxide help my pigmentation?

I want to ask if my benzoyl preoxide 2.5% can heal my PIGMENTATION?i want to know if it can fade my pigmentation.. Or it can make my pigmentation fading process too long ?

Benzoyl peroxide for reducing pigmentation

+1
Benzoyl peroxide is useful in treating and preventing acne, and can in this regard reduce post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation caused by the acne. If you're looking to even out your skin tone and lighten it, you'd be better off with something containing hydroquinone, a retinol or tretinoin, kojic or glycolic acid, etc. Best to speak to your dermatologist about the best options for your skin type and goals. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon