My 11 Year Old Son is Missing a Lateral Incisor is Removing One Above an Option?

My 11 year old son is missing a lateral incisor in his bottom teeth and the orthodentist wants to have a matching tooth above removed. Is this regular practice? He is about to have braces to correct the front teeth sticking out. The first stage was a brace below to expand the lower teeth.

Removing an upper lateral should be a last option

+1

Keeping your own upper front six teeth ( 3 on each side) is important for a symmetrical looking smile. They may have to be aligned with braces or even veneered in porcelain, but having the same number of front teeth on either sid of the midline should be your irst option, from a cosmetic point of view.

New York Cosmetic Dentist